Aqua menu "ASIA"
Appetiser: Seafood salad with pak choi and grapefruit
Ingredients for 4 persons:
2 limes, 2 cloves garlic, 2 red onions, 2 dsp sunflower oil, 1 dsp sugar, 1 dsp Thai red curry paste, 1 dsp fish sauce, salt, 1 grapefruit, 250 g pak choi, 700 ml Brita- filtered water, 2 star anis, 1 organic lemon, 8 small squid, about 500 g mussels, 8 unpeeled prawns, heads removed
- Rinse limes and finely grate peel. Squeeze out juice. Peel garlic and onions. Dice garlic very finely, slice onions into thin rings. Mix lime juice and zest, garlic, 2 dsp sunflower oil, sugar, curry paste and fish sauce and season with salt.
- Remove peel and pith from grapefruit and cut out segments from inside the skin. Save any juice and add about 3 dsp to the dressing.
- Rinse pak choi and cut in half. Bring 700 ml BRITA-filtered water to the boil and season with star anis, the lemon juice and salt. Blanche pak choi in this for 2 minutes then rinse off in cold water. Allow to drain.
- Clean small squid and mussels and rinse off shells. Peel prawns and remove any guts. Add prawns, mussels and squid to the boiling water and simmer for around 5 minutes with a lid on. Drain.
- Mix the warm prawns, mussels and squid with the dressing, grapefruit, onion rings and pak choi. Arrange and serve.
Preparation time approx. 35 minutes
Back to Aqua Cuisine start page